DevOps / SysOps Cloud Engineer - AWS Linux & Windows (Contract)
Duration: initial term of 6 months with potential for further extension
Why would you be interested in this job as a Contract Cloud DevOps / SysOps Engineer?
* Be a part of a specialist, dedicated infrastructure team (operations, technical architects, engineers) responsible for the installation, performance, availability and maintenance of Application Platforms (data center / cloud design) for global enterprise applications (desktop, tablet & mobile)
What does the Company do?
* My Client is a privately held enterprise with their main R&D innovation and development centre located in Dublin 2,
* Excellent culture and working environment, supporting innovation, forward thinking and adoption of the latest techniques and technologies to provide world class service for global applications
What will you be doing?
* Cloud automation and support for optimum performance of mission critical systems
* Working with Software Developers / Architects, Release Managers owners to assess technical issue and risk management for diverse applications
* Validate and document clear, unambiguous, prioritised, demonstrable and testable system requirements
* Identify, develop, implement and improve technical infrastructure activities for automation in the cloud
* Troubleshoot / root cause analysis and resolution of issues
* Maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations
* Create and refine tools and scripts to both monitor and measure application performance
* Devise and Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
* Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
What experience do you need to get this contract job?
* Degree in a related discipline.
* Specialist technical expertise with Amazon Web Services - certification ideally
* Strong scripting experience (Bash, Python, AWS CLI, PowerShell)
* Systems administration - Windows & Linux including caching technologies
* Automation frameworks (Ansible, Chef or similar)
* High availability infrastructure technical operations
* Web Server (IIS, Apache, Tomcat)
* Strong technical troubleshooting / root cause analysis and remedial experience including software development, application performance management, database fundamentals, release & config management, technical architecture and technical operations
* Jira / Confluence
To register your interest in gaining more information on this job please submit an up to date copy of your CV with your contact details / phone: (01) 669 4040.
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com