Systems Database Administrator [Linux/SaaS]
Project / Role:
Our client offers software solutions that supply a range of Governance, Risk and Compliance IT Solutions to a range of large and small financial services and corporate clients.
They are looking for a Systems Database Administrator to join their team.
* Monitor, maintain and manage critical Linux systems and networks
* Create and configure VPN solutions
* Manage backups and recovery, updates and issue resolution
* Develop, deploy and document systems
* Research and evaluate new initiatives and technologies
* Improve incident response procedures
* Provide 3rd level support to internal departments
* Being member of on-call rota for high severity issues after-hours.
* IT Experience with at least 3 years as Linux System Administrator
* Previous System Administrator experience
* Experience with ticketing systems & SaaS system admin
* Experience in database maintenance and optimization
* Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tool and techniques appearing in the marketplace
* Experience with the following tools/environments::
- Redhat Enterprise Linux
- Xen Hypervisor
- SaaS/Multi-Tenant Environment
- Knowledge of Virtualization software
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of Financial/Audit/Compliance Services is a plus
* Ability to communicate with Business Analysts regarding user requirements
* Third Level Qualification
* Yearly Bonus
* Health insurance
Reference No.: 917187FK
Role: Systems Database Administrator
Industry: Professional Services
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.