This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technology Project Manager to join a rapidly expanding global Fintech based in Galway, Ireland. The Technology Project Manager will have come from a Software Development/Coding background and have strong knowledge of managing .Net front end/back end integration projects through API's
You will manage diverse assigned IT projects in the group and working closely with the head of application development, development manager, QA manager & project delivery manager on delivering high quality, standardized products to the market. This covers software development projects with straight through processing and where required integrations to POS & EPOS systems, as well as other innovative applications working on various devices, using the latest technologies which are relevant to the business.
You will manage both internal and external software development projects and implementation or rollout projects covering all from starting a project from scratch with managing requirements gathering until final launch.
The organisation is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, they provide international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies. The company works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Creating project plans, doing resource planning & holding a strong control on project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigate those until end of the project. This also involves prioritization of tasks, allocation of cross-departmental resources to those tasks and ensure this is done in co-ordination with business owners & other stakeholder. This involves the monitoring and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for all project activities.
- Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardized technical specification for the delivered projects. This is to ensure that all Tax Free related applications deliver consistent, quality information to back-end used for internal analysis and external reporting throughout the whole product portfolio.
- Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test of the final product.
- Ensure up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders.
- Must display the ability to take ownership of software development projects and deliver
- Must have experience in delivering software development projects through the full SDLC.
- Must have technical background; either as a Technical Architect, Team Leader or a Software Developer using web technologies integrating with API’s through to backend systems.
- Must have a proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must have experience of managing projects in a matrix environment, across multiple locations.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks while working on multiple projects and assignments at the same time.
- Experience in waterfall and agile development environments.
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), IT, Business or Finance.
- Background in SW Development and delivery of SW Projects
- Ideally certified in Agile methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project).
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence & Innotas would be an advantage
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively to the project sponsor, the wider company, partners and customers.
- Proven communication and Project Management skills and the ability to start, manage and deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Good level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven organizational, planning and budgetary skills.