This is a great opportunity to join a busy service desk in an exciting fast-growing Fintech organisation in Galway.
The IT Service Desk Agent will be working as 1st Level Technical support on a busy service desk. You will engage closely with end users regularly and should enjoy this level of interaction.
The agent will take full ownership for a customer issue through our ticketing system.
The organisation is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1,000 people worldwide, they provide international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Providing first-level support to end users for their IT needs, in a friendly, customer oriented manner.
- Understanding users technical needs and troubleshooting their issues in a clear, jargon free manner - resolving where possible and reassigning to 2nd level support teams where necessary.
- Logging, tracking, prioritising and ownership of all contacts received to the Service Desk, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the information captured.
- Responsible for timely follow-up on outstanding tickets and escalating issues through departmental procedures when required.
- Collaborating with our IT Service Management team helping identify common problems, developing and maintaining solutions within the knowledgebase.
- Working with other IT Teams to triage and help resolve outstanding issues.
- Information sharing with other team-members, to assist each other and to continuously raise the bar with the level of support we provide.
- Participate in focus groups and/or pilots for the on boarding of new products and services with the Support Services team, providing feedback from both a user and support perspective.
- Maintaining a positive and professional demeanor and portray the company in a positive light.
Knowledge & Experience & Skills
- Hold a third level IT or Engineering degree
- Experience with JIRA tool set an advantage (not essential)
- Confident using the Microsoft suite of products such as O365 and MS Office.
- Troubleshooting Windows 7/8/10
- Knowlegde in Citrix & Active Directory advantageous.
- Technical competency in SQL
- Good communication skills.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Is excellent at honest analysis
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions