Our client, a leading service provider is looking for a Systems Administrator to join their Systems Administration Team.
They are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with a passion for Systems Administration and with strong attention to detail.
The Systems Administrator will form part of an operational team that is responsible for the day to day care and maintenance of all our client's computing environment. This includes responsibility for the maintenance of hardware, local area networks, wide area networks, web farms, operating systems and applications.
- Administration and maintenance of core Business Systems
- Build, install, monitor & maintain production, staging & development server environments
- Ensuring high availability of all systems in a 24/7 environment
- Writing documentation, including technical procedural documentation
- Troubleshooting of server/desktop hardware and software related problems
- Disaster Recovery Planning and testing
- Introduce new initiatives and IT Procurement
- Availability to work outside office hours when the need arises
- Other tasks as delegated by the VP Infrastructure
Candidates need to have a 3-5 years' experience working with the following technologies:
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Office Environments
- Microsoft Active directory
- Microsoft Exchange server/Office365.
- IIS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, RDP
- VMWare ESX Server
- Firewalls (Cisco, Fortigate)
In Addition experience with some of following technologies would be desirable:
Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise and ePolicy Orchestrator, Arcserve backup software, Cisco Ironport, MS SQL Server, Mobile Device Management (Airwatch)
Essential skills, attributes and qualifications:
- IT related certificate/diploma or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Confident manner with excellent Technical and Operational capabilities
- Organisational Skills
- Good interpersonal Qualities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills