Senior COBOL AS400 Galway 65-75K
Immediate requirement for an experienced COBOL Developer This COBOL Developer Tech Lead position is going to be a part of the AS 400 application development team
Overview of your role as a COBOL AS400 Developer
* Prepare the overall project implementation plan and coordinate with the teams to ensure all tasks are met and to the deadline
* Troubleshooting to identify root cause in case of Production problems, immediate temporary resolution of an issue and implementation of the solution/ work-around, providing a permanent fix of an issue, analysis and response to queries from business or end users.
* Develop or enhance the system application based on requirement and design document and adhering to strict coding standards
* Review all developed code and system integration tests before been handed off to QA Team for testing
* Resolve all application related issues experienced by end user
* Provide support for all critical technical issues (AS400) including, technical challenges AS 400 OS Upgrade, AS 400 OS related issues etc
* Help project Managers to define scope, estimates and release plan
Key Skills & Background Experience
* Solid hands-on experience in COBOL AS400 technology.
* Hands-on experience in application development, large system enhancement, integration activities
The COBOL AS400 Developer role offers a highly competitive salary in the region of 65-75kK + benefits to include pension, healthcare, life assurance, education support +++
Next Step. Apply today with CV to Edward Bennett Lead Tech Recruiter in Principle
Edward Bennett | 01 603 5071 | email@example.com