Enclave Technologies is experiencing rapid growth in the Managed IT space and currently has a Service Desk/ Professional Service Engineer vacancy for a switched on, high energy self starter who is results driven with exceptional customer services skills.
We require a logical thinker with a positive work attitude and ethic; someone who works hard on a team but can use their own initiative and takes ownership and delivers results. This position will be best suited to a knowledge hungry individual who is keen to work with an outstanding technical team.
Roles and responsibilities
• Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving client-side technical problems of moderate to high level complexity.
• Resolve solutions outside of comfort zone using online resources and team lead assistance.
• Contribute technical content and departmental procedures to the Service Desk knowledge base.
• Trouble shooting Hardware, Software, Networking, DNS, Virtualisation, Office 365. SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics.
Understand our customer’s ICT infrastructure, business systems, information and security requirements.
• Evaluate network performance, availability & utilisation, implementing alerting, features and reporting in our RMM tool where applicable.
• Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secure customers network by ensuring patching and AV standards are in place recommending audits where appropriate. Monitoring via RMM & maintaining documentation.
• Influence user behaviour to reduce security risks providing references and support.
• Perform minor upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. Refer opportunities for project work to the internal account manager.
• Be cost aware and keep the best interest of the customer in mind always.
• Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure modern technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
• Protect the organisation by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplish organisational goals by accepting ownership for and accomplishing new and varied requests.
Onsite installation of SonicWall Firewalls and hardening of devices and implementation of security Services
• Set up and configuration of HP ProLiant servers
• Hyper V Virtualisation
• Microsoft Office 365 solutions
• Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security deployment
• Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint implementations
• Participate in process improvement opportunities
• Deliver customer satisfaction by providing a professional service and swift and accurate resolution to all customer issues via remote sessions or onsite.
• Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team.
• Well-groomed, neat appearance
• Extraordinary interpersonal skills
• Ability to "read" the customer and modify behaviour/approach
• Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
• Logical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
• Adaptive to change and able to manage stress
• Able to multi-task across several open cases and manage and prioritise own time
• Innate aptitude for troubleshooting and faultfinding
• Ability to adhere to strict process and procedures
• Not 9 to 5
• Excellent understanding of switching, firewalls and routing
• Practical understanding of Core TCP/IP networking and networking protocols
• Good understanding of DNS
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange and/ or O365/M365
• Knowledge of network security
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in a diverse technology and customer service-focused role
• Relevant 3rd level qualification desirable
• Clean licence and own transport is required
• Salary depending on experience
• Private Health
• Expenses including mileage