This role is a lifetime opportunity for an experienced passionate Technical Architect to work in a Greenfield environment on exciting projects using up-to-date and new technologies and software. Our client is a multinational big player who has opened its only R&D centre in the Mid-West. They are looking for technologists who can bring something to the table and are open to new technologies to work with or advice on how to accomplish what they are trying to achieve. some of the current projects you could be working on are.
- Development of innovative technology enhancements for the companies e-commerce products
- The companies fraud solutions and service offerings
- Developing the NextGen infrastructure Automation Platform
They are also looking to move into some disruptive technology spaces which you could be a part of and help mold what direction to go.
We are currently looking for a technical architect to be part of the founding team in a greenfield technology space people who want to work on core product for deployment on a global scale.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
• Proven experience as a Technical Architect
• Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
• Understanding of strategic IT solutions
• Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
• Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL)
• Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. VMware),
• Experience with user Interface (UI), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Bootstrap,
o jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
o Service architecture – Experience of API and service-based architectures using REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web applications
o NoSQL solutions including: MongoDB
o CI/CD – tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
o Cloud Technologies – PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc
o Big Data – Apache Hadoop at the core of the big data platform. Experience designing enterprise architectures with integration to Apache Hadoop clusters.
o Big Data – Spark, Impala, Hive, Map / Reduce, Spark Mlib, Apache.
o DevOps processes and experience.
o Lean and Agile methods – Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Organizational and leadership skills
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field