HP UX Systems Administrator - 2 Year FTC
Project / Role:
Don't miss a great opportunity to become part of a team in an exciting, pioneering and growing organisation.
Our client has been protecting and enhancing vision since 1990 when they were the first company to commercialise plastic photochromic lenses. They offer solutions that adapt to changing light in the widest selection of designs and materials, including hundreds of lens combinations. They are continuously improving their lenses to enhance their darkness, fade back speed, colour and indoor clarity.
As a member of the Global IT Infrastructure team, the HP UX Administrator will represent his/her department towards the Business Units and project teams and will be a key role in the management, support, maintenance, implementation, administration and lifecycle management of HP UX platforms.
* Maintain under operational conditions the current HP UX platforms and any new HP UX platforms in respect of the support processes
* Build, deploy and administer the current and any future HP UX platforms.
* Installation and configuration of High Availability environment using Service Guard
* Operational support on:
- Troubleshooting, incidents and problem management
- Reporting and communication.
* Assist new implementations of all System Infrastructure components such as
- Physical and virtual servers
- Middleware components (backup, scheduling, monitoring, etc.)
* Proactive in ensuring stability, response time and operational consistency of the HP UX operating systems
* Travel to other sites may be required (10% maximum travel)
* Minimum 2-3 years' work experience in a HP UX system administrator role
* Strong communication skills for customers and team members
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work as part of a global team
Nice to Have(s)
* Experience with Progress® database administration is beneficial
* Hands on experience with HP Integrity rx2800 and rx6600 servers
* Experience with mission critical systems
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory
* Excellent Level of English
Reference No.: 917318FK
Role: HP UX System Administrator
Industry: Optical Industry
Location: Tuam, Co. Galway
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332