Network Engineer – Network Development Team
Dublin 12, Co. Dublin
€Excellent Plus Healthcare Package, Pension, Subsidised Gym, Car Parking, Social Club
If you are a network support professional from an ISP, carrier, managed services provider or system integrator background, this is a brilliant opportunity to progress your career with a cutting-edge business.
Part of a leading group, our client is the largest Irish-owned provider of voice, data connectivity, data centre, hybrid cloud solutions and managed services. Following a number of major wins, they are expanding their business and are looking for a Network Engineer to join their team.
With a commitment to investing in their employees, our client offers the chance to enhance your existing abilities, collaborate with a talented team and get involved with a wide range of projects.
As a Network Engineer, you’ll join a team responsible for the deployment and maintenance of our client’s IP telephony platforms, the voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware.
Focusing on VoIP infrastructure and services, you will:
- Design and implement our client’s network architecture
- Implement network and customer projects, covering initial feasibility, design, test and rollout including interaction with vendors and internal resources
- Deploy and maintain hosting, broadband and managed services infrastructure
- Build, operate and maintain VoIP equipment
- Act as an escalation point for technical support queries
- Ensure the security of company and customer networks and infrastructure
- Carry out programming and scripting as required to improve the efficiency of your area
- Support the Sales and Pre-Sales Team with customer VoIP and voice-related proposals
To be considered, you’ll need:
- At least four years’ experience in an ISP, carrier, managed services provider or system integrator environment
- Experience of providing customer-focused support, including network equipment deployment and support
- Experience of core VoIP switch configuration, support and service provisioning
- A track record of implementing voice services, traffic, billing and switch management including interconnects, SS7 and ISDN
- Hands-on experience with Cisco equipment
- A good understanding of TCP/IP and associated protocols
- The ability to program using languages such as PHP, Python, Perl or C#
- The willingness to travel on occasion
Adaptable and self-motivated, as a Network Engineer, you’ll have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You’ll also have a creative approach to problem-solving and excellent multi-tasking abilities.
To apply for the role of Network Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Network Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, VoIP Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Implementation Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Infrastructure Project Engineer, IT.