IT Systems Administrator
Our Client, a fast growing and dynamic company, currently have a vacancy for an IT Systems Administrator in their Waterford site.
As part of the wider IT Operations team based in Waterford, the role involves the maintenance and enhancement of the Core IT Services, including both Microsoft and some Linux Server infrastructure and peripheral device management.
This role is perfect for someone who has worked in a hands-on role in an IT department where they will have gained experience in Desktop and Server management as well as all standard ITSM functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide Systems Management & Support (Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux Server).
* Manage backup and recovery software and methodologies.
* Implement Group policies.
* Configure and monitor Anti-Virus and ensure compliance with Information Security standards.
* Administer Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office 365.
* Manage end-user IT problems and queries when escalated from first line support.
* Ensure adherence to company standards for Change and Release Management, Asset Management, Vulnerability Management and Standard builds.
* Implement and deploy new technologies to help achieve business goals.
* Liaise with 3rd Party Hardware and Software Support providers.
* 2+ years system administration work experience
* 3rd level IT qualification or equivalent industry certification
* Microsoft Windows Server 2012 experience
* Preferably Hyper-V and VMWare experience
* Good Active Directory experience.
* Anti-Virus Management experience.
* Ability to travel and support activities in any site.
* Flexibility required in terms of working hours and days to support business requirements. Out of hours work is required from time to time in the administration of key IT services.
* Have a full clean driving license and permanent access to a car.
Other Essential Criteria:
* Knowledge of Telco and Contact Centre environments an advantage.
* Possess strong administrative and advanced IT skills.
* Be efficient, with good attention to detail.
* Be self-motivated and highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
* Have a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
* Be flexible in their approach to work.
* Keep up-to-date with latest technologies and best practices.
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne here at itContracting ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.