* Managing the data platform within the Production and Pre-Production environments.
* Administering, monitoring and evaluating database health to ensure the integrity of production databases are secure and maintained.
* Deploy and maintain added software and middleware appsused to develop web database systems.
* Improving the platform or resourcing constraints through automation and new technologies.
* Managing Database backups.
* system configuration management and troubleshoot
* Ensuring platform security, reliability and performance
* Attend meetings and collaborate with peers
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or an equivalent experience.
* 3+ years' experience working with SQL Server
* Direct experience with SQL server Always-on availability
* Experience using distributed relay functionality
* Working knowledge of Windows and Linux System Administration in a complex data centre environment.
* Proficient experience with maintaining and scheduling backups, restores and recovery models.
* Knowledge of how to detect and manage data corruption.
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Understanding of network (Routing, Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP)
* Experience with Monitoring tools
* Strong Knowledge of distributed systems
* Experienced scripting skills
* Good troubleshooting skills required.
* Experience in Microservices and decoupled systems
* Ability to understand virtual cloud architectures and layered application and database services.
* Provisioning and configuration management tools a plus.
* Experience with virtualization technologies
* Team player or independently
* Ability to consult across teams
* Experience working within a structured ITIL / ISO27001 IT
* Any experience with Hadoop ecosystem and technologies such as Impala, hdfs, Kafka, Spark is desirable.