Design & Support Engineer
Project / Role:
Our client is currently looking for a Design and Support Engineer to work in the Operations & Navigation Services Department. This candidate will report to the Operations Engineering Managers and will be based in the offices in Dub Laoghaire.
Periodic travel around the cost will be required plus occasional travel abroad.
* Accountability for design outcomes, work prioritisation and timely preparation of design for planned work.
* Strategic and proactive input into forward planning and design processes.
* Design, cost and deliver a range of Lighthouse and AtoN projects and other work packages.
* Lead on the preparation of electrical drawings, specifications for component equipment, tender documentation, procurement, etc. in advance of scheduled on site work.
* Develop plans and costings for the ongoing capital renewal programme, to ensure the long term effective and economic provision of required AtoN services.
* Maintain strong technical knowledge of electrical equipment and techniques related to Irish Lights' activities, research and development, industry and sector awareness.
* Take the lead, as required, to develop and resolve technical solutions to a range of electrical operational issues.
* Prepare risk assessments, method statements and safe working procedures.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Prepare reports, post project documentation, etc. as required.
* Periodic travel around the coast of Ireland and farther afield will be required.
* Management of Design & Support Technicians
* Chartered Engineer, or close to achieving chartership.
* Minimum 5 years relevant technical experience in a design environment
* Experience of project design, preparation of specifications and costing, contract management along with construction knowledge and fault finding of electronic and AC/DC electrical systems
* Knowledge of Electrical Standards, both Irish and international
* Knowledge of renewable energy, control systems and modern light technology
* Good planning, organisation, team building and managerial skills
* Excellent analytical, testing and problem solving skills
* Strong ICT, report writing and record keeping skills
* Team player with good communication and people skills
* Self-motivated, with a commitment to self-development
* A flexible approach to work and working hours and to carrying out other duties as required.
* Ability to collaborate internally across Departments and externally with colleagues in other organisations.
* Ability to represent the organisation externally in a national and international context.
Nice to have(s):
* Knowledge of modern and traditional marine navigation systems and/or working in a marine environment
* Degree or equivalent professional qualification in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
Reference No.: 917217FK
Role: Design & Support Engineer
Industry: Maritime Services Industry
Location: South County Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent