Unix Administrator, Permanent, Dublin
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with a leading Consultancy. Our client is going through a period of transition and growth. It is a great time to join them & build your career.
Unix Administrator Role and Responsibilities:
· Maintenance and administration of the Solaris and Linux environments
· Maintenance and administration of NetBackup environment
· SAN Storage management and allocation
· Day to day administration of the Solaris and Linux environments.
· Manage faults reactively, diagnosing and resolving faults when they arise
· Manage fault calls assigned to the role
· Draft and implement agreed Change Requests
· Maintain software and hardware to supported levels, patching/upgrading as required.
· Installation, integration and maintenance and administration of central services.
· On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software issues
· Handling and resolving routine tasks and problems
What you need:
· 3+ years’ experience as a Unix Administrator
· Proven experience actively working with Solaris in a production operational environment
· Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
· A self starter and should be able to operate in customer facing environment with minimal supervision.
· Excellent Communication skills
· Relevant third level qualification and / or IT Certifications, good technical training background
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary from €50,000 – 60,000 p/a DOE
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Kevin Hearns on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.