itContracting are seeking applications for a Microsoft Consultant (SCCM/SCOM), this is a permanent position with our client in Cork.
* Implementing, upgrading and maintaining windows infrastructure.
* Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, planning and operations handovers takes place for all new services.
* Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built.
* Alongside standard windows engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend, innovative and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
* Work with stakeholders and customers to understand windows utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
* Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
* As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
* Travel may also be required across the EMEA region.
* 5+ Years prior experience in a 3rd Line support position
* 2+ Years prior experience in providing architect/subject matter expertise
* Expert knowledge in MS Cluster technology
* PowerShell - ability to write scripts and automate tasks.
* Windows Server 2008-16
* Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
* Extensive project management and delivery
* Solution design and presentation to stakeholders
* Extensive experience of design leadership - ideally with enterprise systems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience at creating technical presentations/articles/papers
* The ability to communicate and build relationships with technical teams
* Knowledge/practical application of agile methods.
* Active Directory