Technical Writer/Publisher [Dita/XML]
Project / Role:
Our client is an independent, Irish based, Software Services Company. Our purpose is to provide industry leading Software Services that deliver end to end solutions in the technology sector.
They are currently looking for a Technical Writer to join their team.
* Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
* Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
* Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
* Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
* Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies.
* Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
* Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
* Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner
* Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system
* Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
* Defines guidelines for organizing and labelling topics, defines the appropriate level of content chunking, and oversees content contributions to ensure consistent structure.
* Defines and administers a clear submission process to encourage writers to improve the CPI.
* Proven Fluency in written and spoken English
* Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
* Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation
* Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly.
* Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML
* Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter.
* Relevant Degree in a related field
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus.
* Third Level Qualification.
Reference No.: 917091FK
Role: Technical Writer/Publisher
Industry: Computer Services
Location: Co. Westmeath
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent