The Central Bank of Ireland is a dynamic, multifaceted organisation at the heart of Ireland’s financial system. The organisation incorporates the functions of central banking and financial regulation. We have the responsibility for the regulation of the Irish financial services industry and the safeguarding of Irish financial stability.
The Central Bank of Ireland currently has a vacancy for a Senior Data Architect on a contract of indefinite duration in the Securities and Markets Supervision Division. This role is aligned with the Bank Professional 2 grade and the BP2 salary scale applies. Please click here for further information on our salary scales.
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist data analytics & architecture expertise to support the supervision of investment funds, investment firms and securities markets in Ireland. This role will be responsible for building database solutions to large datasets, engineering parallel processing of Extract, Transform Load (ETL) tasks, data quality management, designing solutions which are performant even under large volumes and generally supporting and enhancing our data platform. The data platform is a critical component of our data driven supervisory initiative and as such, this role plays a key part in that initiative.
- Provide expertise and specialist knowledge in the area of data analytics to support of the prudential supervision of funds and mitigation of cross-sector or firm specific risks in order to ensure the stability of financial markets.
- Contribute to the design and development of the analytics platform. Ensure the existing design is fit for purpose but also future proof as much as possible. Ensure solutions are performant, robust and fully logged even under heavy load. A meticulous attention to technical detail is a key requirement for this role.
- Develop a good working knowledge of each dataset so that the normalised database storage model and dimensional models are both effective but also tailored for the most common usage. Success in this area leads to faster automated reporting and efficient BI-Cubes.
- Maintain and develop data analytics sources/tools/processes to ensure
- the Directorate can deliver on key projects
- contribute to the Bank-wide Data Operations, through the Data Operations Function
- auditability, security, logging and change control are fully operationalised
- Provide on-going mentoring and support to the wider team and on-boarding of new hires, particularly from a technical perspective. Work to raise standards in database design, database programming, ETL and logging.
- Work co-operatively with supervisory colleagues, including senior members, to ensure effective delivery of both the platform but also projects built on the platform. Work internally with colleagues in IMTD, the Data Operations Function, Statistics and Policy to ensure all deliverables are fit for purpose and target the specific needs of markets and supporting areas.
- A third level honors degree or professional qualification in the area of computer science, business analytics, statistics or any related professional discipline. Post degree professional qualifications in a related area would be desirable. A proven professional record of 5+ years working in a highly related area in a senior position making design and analytical decisions will also be considered.
- 8 year’s relevant experience in data analytics roles within industry and / or relevant financial services. Relevant experience includes: working in data analytics / data science, business intelligence, or data-focused risk analysis within banking or financial services sector.
- Extensive database experience and solution designer.
- Good understanding / experience in applying data analytics in a business context and practical knowledge of relevant analytics software tools and infrastructure.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to critically assess complex / once-off issues and recommend / implement solutions.
- Proficiency in at least [two of the] following areas: data/statistical analysis tools (T-SQL, R, DAX, MDX), programming languages such as .NET/Python/Java; relational database management (SQL), data warehousing (SQL Server / Integration Services); Hadoop (Spark/Hive/Polybase) and business intelligence reporting/visualization tools.
- Ability to acquire proficiency in the above tools / languages where development is required.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to acquire an understanding of the broader banking regulatory environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management and staff.
- Good capability in managing own workload / multiple requests.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
Closing date: 12 March 2018
To apply, please complete the application form attached. As the application form plays an important role in the shortlisting and selection process, it is essential that it is completed fully. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an automatic email from us acknowledging receipt. If you do not receive this auto-acknowledgement, please contact Katie Dunne on 01 224 6720 or email email@example.com.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras í nGaeilge.
The Central Bank of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
"We encourage applications from diverse candidates. If we can make any accommodations to enable us to see the best version of you during interview, and/or in how you carry out your role in the Central Bank, please let us know. All information disclosed will be kept confidential."