Job code 417
At Ammeon, we make sure the future does not leave our customers behind. We do this by accelerating our customers’ IT innovation allowing them to disrupt and compete. We provide consulting, Agile, Cloud, DevOps and automation skills and technologies to deliver this promise.
We are looking for smart, dynamic, and flexible people to help us deliver successful outcomes to our Tier 1 customers in Ireland, the UK and the Nordics. Join us – you will work with the best people, use the most up to date technologies, solve the most challenging customer problems.
About the Role
This position resides in a team which is accountable for ensuring the delivery of all core network testing (Voice, Messaging & Data Services, Service Control and Value Added Services). The focus for this particular position will be on Voice Service implementation and test deliverables.
The position reports to the Networks Test Manager and the role will be responsible for the technical lifecycle management of the Voice Core elements (MSS, MGW, IMS, etc.) with a primary focus on the transition of network services and solutions.
The position will act as a point of technical accountability, and will require working with functional stakeholders to ensure that the right responsibility levels are established - working to exercise influence without direct authority.
As a Test Engineer you will be hands-on across a wide range of equipment and technology, contributing to all activities across validation and introduction of solutions / changes to existing services.
Within the role of Test Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Implement and test new voice services and design updates to the voice core network
- Drive integrity of test output to ensure the solution complies with operational readiness standards
- Develop Test Strategy documents and help to define test entry criteria deliverables
- Drive escalation of technical issues between design teams and vendors and inter-working with same to ensure timely resolutions.
- Maintain & develop voice core test network
- Provide technical assistance in the development/deployment of new services and products
- Be a technical point of contact for any operational issues resolutions to be tested
- Implement quality initiatives which will result in improved testing process and output
- Keep abreast to technology development and maintain appropriate level of expertise for supported technologies.
- Other activities as instructed by Test Manager
- Adherence to all testing procedures
· Working knowledge of RAN
· Experience with Intelligent Networks (IN Platform) and Messaging platforms (SMS, MMS, VMS)
· Vendor management skills and experience.
· Project and Design lifecycle understanding.
· Educated to degree level in a Telecommunications or network discipline
· Competitive salary
· Life Assurance
· Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
· Learning and development opportunities
· Staff technical talks
· Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.