Infrastructure Engineer – Permanent, Dublin City Centre
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work in a fast paced windows environment with the latest technologies relating to SAN, Virtualisation, Cloud IaaS, Mobile and information security.
Our Client is a large Company based in the City Center and its IT department supports 800 staff located in Dublin, Belfast, London and US.
Infrastructure Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
This role will see the successful candidate joining the IT Operations Team helping to maintain and enhance the technical security of our Client’s Company IT infrastructure.
· Monitor and maintain systems in Remote Office Locations.
· Hardening windows operating systems, configuring anti-virus and DLP
· Daily management of backups and restores.
· Responsibility for ensuring DR plans are up to date, regularly tested and documented to ISO standards
· Testing and applying Microsoft and other updates to PC/Laptops/iPhones and servers.
· Handling escalations from Helpdesk Analysts
· Technical troubleshooting and problem solving across key systems including - Skype for Business, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint and Cisco.
· Escalation and liaising with relevant 3rd Party providers on issue resolution.
· Create and maintain technical documentation for key systems.
What you need:
· Azure, AWS and Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL server & Microsoft SharePoint
· Desktop build and hardening -Windows 7 and 10
· Cisco networking administration
· Group policy management
· CommVault or equivalent backup
· Experience in VMware with Veeam replication
· Storage area network configuration for EMC Unity with Vplex , Skype for business, and telecoms experience
· Powershell , vbscript and/or batch file scripting
· Basic understanding of .NET, ASP, HTML web design would be beneficial
What’s on offer:
· Excellent Salary depending on experience
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Barbara Donatini on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.