IT Network and Support Engineer
· Primary responsibility of keeping the IT infrastructure of the Enterprise aligned with the business goals and agile processes for the organisation.
· Evaluation of critical infrastructure, Service improvement for existing IT Assets, Accessing Infrastructure interdependencies and risk analysis for complex adaptive systems, propose alternative technologies for hosting environments to management.
· Design, Implement and support of large scale, highly fault tolerant, 24x7 Data connectivity for and among a. SAP, b.PIMS c.BOS & d. QMAS
· Management of IT infrastructure and Operational Support for servers, blade chassis, storage arrays & clusters, FC switches. Implementation, Operational Sustenance & admin of virtualization layer (VMWare).
· Meeting the company’s Communications' infrastructure needs and propose infrastructure solutions to stakeholders. Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support the company’s products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
· Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of the company’s Communications' core data networks. Effectively manage OPEX and CAPEX budget.
· Planning, execution & reporting on IT audits and on integrated audits through assessment of business processes, IT risks /controls and Disaster Recovery.
· Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
· Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving Technical problems within a very limited time-frame to maintain the maximum availability.
· Recognises problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations, Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits. Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements. Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls, Maintains quality service by following organisation standards.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications. Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.