We are currently looking for an Oracle Database Administrator who would like to develop their skill sets in a diverse and technically challenging environment.The role, will focus on administering, maintaining, loading, performance tuning and securing large enterprise databases, and their associated application tiers, which currently serve a variety of Oracle tools and middleware.
● BSc in Computer Science or technical field
● Minimum of 8 years Oracle DBA experience including production support in a client facing
● Expert knowledge the Oracle technology stack
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
● Cloning & Db upgrade experience
● Experience of challenging Database environments such as (very large databases, high
throughput, large/disparate user base)
● Experience installing and supporting Oracle SOA Suite (11g and 12c)
● Experience of Oracle Enterprise Manager/Cloud Control
● Hands on experience of co-operative application
● Ability to accurately estimate work efforts and contribute to project planning activities
● Demonstrated proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
● Strong experience in data storage design and trade-offs (e.g. SAN vs. Spindle, …)
● Detailed knowledge of at least one other RDBMS and/or basic knowledge of at least one NoSQL
database (e.g. Apache Casandra, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, SAP HANA, …)
● Basic UNIX and Solaris skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work unsupervised in a number of client sites (some outside Dublin)
● Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organisation.
● Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
● A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
● A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
● A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
Key Performance Indicators
● Consultant discipline (e.g. time sheeting, expenses, diary, objectives, development plans,
knowledge sharing etc.).
● Customer satisfaction, delivery on time, to budget and to an appropriate level of quality.
● Follows consulting standards.
● Success assignment delivery without rework.
● Evidence of re-use.
● Extension business won and qualified new opportunities.
● Evidence of contribution and recognition of expertise and support.
● Allocation of career owners.
● Assignment and annual performance reviews completed.
● Evidence of successful bid stages and small scale wins.
● Achievement of objectives.
If interested please apply in with a CV or give me a ring at 019052420