Global Industry Leader within the Financial Markets software sector.
The successful candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting the risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
- Maintenance, support and enhancement of the existing application.
- Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
- Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
- Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
- Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to the product suite (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
Professional / Academic
- 2.1 or higher degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineer
- 2-4 years’ experience of java programming is a prerequisite
- Experience with 3-tier architectures
- Experience with multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Fluent English is essential
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to work on both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
- Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all aspects of work
- Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.