Network Engineer I – Permanent, Dublin
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s leading Finance Company
Network Engineer I Role and Responsibilities:
This role will see the successful candidate driving to implement a DevNet environment to streamline project work into Network Operations.
· Design, deliver and support (within an ITIL framework) the network infrastructure. This span LAN, WAN and security products.
· Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools, scripts and cookbooks.
· Support the operation our next generation data-centre networks.
· Drive standards across the network in EMEA aligned with other regions (USA, LATAM and APAC).
· Collaborate in an international environment and across teams
· Build, Configure and Installations of networking devices.
· Contribute to the programmability of the infrastructure (DevNet), primarily based on the following toolset: Python, Saltstack, HP Network Autom. (with migration to Saltstack Proxy Minions), Web Technologies (AJAX, LAMP, etc…), other Scripting skills.
· Build, and implement IPSEC/VPN networks.
· Ordering and administration of Telecommunication link (Lease, Dial, and MPLS).
· Provide 2nd level support to the Company Internationals data communication services.
· Troubleshoot/solve client technical issues in network services.
· Protocol analysis including IP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, GPRS/3G, SIP , MPLS and Access Control.
· Maintain and administer Company's WAN for the online transaction and report delivery systems.
· Maintain and support LAN, WAN and security systems.
What you need:
- At least 5 Years work experience in this discipline or a related industry.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, DSL, MPLS and wireless services.
· Automation of common network operations with Python and Saltstack/Ansible/Chef/Puppet or other methods
- Experience with monitoring systems and network monitoring tools (CA Spectrum, eHealth, Splunk, Netscout).
- Possesses advanced knowledge to install, configure and troubleshoot multiple types of networking hardware, including:
- Cisco 6500, 4500, 4000, and 3750, 3550 Catalyst Series Switches
- Cisco 7000 Nexus Switches
- Cisco, 7200, 3900, 2900, ASR1000 and 4000 Series Routers
- Checkpoint 4000 series appliances
· Possess working knowledge of Load-Balancing on F5 & Citrix Netscaler
What’s on offer:
- Excellent Salary depending on experience
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Barbara Donatini on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.