Network and Automation Architect – Permanent, Dublin
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s leading Finance Company
Network and Automation Architect Role and Responsibilities:
This role will see the successful candidate striving to challenge existing network solution and design cost-effective PCI-compliant alternatives that allow a high degree of resilience and operation efficiency.
· Design, deliver and support (within an ITIL framework) the network infrastructure. This span LAN, WAN and security products.
· Ability to design automation workflow for network tasks that are regular and candidate to move to a self-service solution through creation and maintenance of tools, scripts and cookbooks.
· Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations.
· Support the design and operation/escalations on our next generation data-centre networks.
· Drive standards across the network in EMEA aligned with other regions (USA, LATAM and APAC)
· Cooperate with customers and PM to provide adapted solutions/designs for access to the Company services.
· Build, Configure and Installations of networking devices.
· Build, and implement automation workflows into production
· Lead the programmability of the infrastructure (DevNet), primarily based on the following toolset:
o HP Network Automation (with migration to Saltstack Proxy Minions)
o Web Technologies (AJAX, LAMP, etc…)
o Other Scripting skills will be an advantage
· Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to the Company Internationals data communication services.
· Troubleshoot and resolve client facing technical issues in network services.
· Maintain and support LAN, WAN and security systems.
What you need:
· At least 5 Years work experience in this discipline or a related industry.
· CCNP, CCIE or equivalent industry experience
· Experienced in supporting Communications links on a day to day basis.
· Knowledge of Ethernet, DSL, MPLS, IPSEC/VPN, Mobile Networks and wireless services.
· Automation of common network operations with Python and Saltstack/Ansible/Chef/Puppet or other methods
· Experience with monitoring systems and network monitoring tools (CA Spectrum, eHealth, Splunk, Netscout, Netflow).
· Possesses advanced knowledge to install, configure and troubleshoot multiple types of networking hardware, including:
o Cisco Catalyst Series Switches
o Cisco Nexus Switches
o Cisco ISR G2/G3 and ASR Series Routers
o Arista Switches
o Checkpoint appliances (Gaia, R.80)
· Possess working knowledge of Load-Balancing on F5 & Citrix Netscaler
What’s on offer:
- Excellent Salary depending on experience
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Barbara Donatini on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.