We are recruiting for an Experienced Senior Engineer. This position will be responsible for the deployment and support of storage and virtual environments (including the company’s planned Cloud offering) for enterprise clients.
This role will report directly to the Technical Director and requires an individual who is highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple assignments simultaneously, as well as learning new skills and procedures along the way. This person should be experienced with implementing server virtualisation solutions, including various replication and disaster recovery technologies, along with broad skills in other supporting enterprise technologies.
Our company provides continuous support for engineers to further their level of industry based certification and the company has a very strong mentoring culture.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Engineer:
- Point of escalation as part of the support team to address and solve Client’s technology issues, including concerns related to implementation or integration with legacy customer infrastructure.
- Enterprise preventative maintenance, Documentation, Reporting and Alerting
- IT Management / Advisory for Enterprise Clients
- Assist presales account managers with technical questions or proposal generation.
- Solution Deployment
- Additional projects as required such as preparing system and user documentation and testing.
- Ad hoc Remote and Internal Project work
- Support of switching, routing & firewalling
- Formulating plans of resolution utilising all technical resources available.
- Work with staff to promote, develop, and maintain a positive experience for the Client.
- Assist in evaluating new technologies, services and processes to meet the objectives for each site.
- Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
- Support and Deployment of Virtual Environments.
- Support and Deployment of SAN Environments.
Technical Requirements & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years hands-on experience in the rollout and management of storage and virtualisation solutions.
(Certification advantageous but not essential based on experience)
- Hands on (demonstrable) experience with VMware ESX Server or Hyper-V.
- Technical Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, VMware).
- Storage Certified (Dell, EMC, Hitachi or NetApp).
- Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Excellent Client facing skills.
- Change Control management
- Incident Management