Support Engineer – Agile Networks
Agile Networks are a multi award willing sister company of PlanNet21 Communications.
Agile Networks designs, builds, and operates IT Networks for large multinationals and indigenous organisations, to include; service provider, data centre, network security, design, implementation, and support for over 4,900 sites, and 2.3M end users. They are a Juniper Networks Elite partner, Extreme Networks Diamond partner, F5 Gold Partner, Aruba Networks Gold Partner and HPE Gold Partner.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work to solve product and network problems of medium to high complexity. As a Support Engineer, you must be able to effectively configure moves, adds and changes and solve customer reported problems.
Creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and the ability to work under pressure are key attributes. You will Ensure prompt response to customer support tickets, doing first and second level troubleshooting and triaging the tickets for escalation within the support group. On-site intervention where required to resolve customer support issues. Carrying out first level support on adds, moves and changes. Keep customer support tickets up to date with latest information. Provide hardware testing, support, and reporting services within designated Service Level Agreements and time frames, ensuring customer satisfaction is at the forefront of all commitments. Working with Level 3 engineers and technical consultants to manage ongoing support issues.
- Deliver against SLA driven customer incidents and problems ensuring that incidents and problems are dealt with in line with the Incident management and problem management processes – such that customer receive a professional, high quality level of service.
- Prepare equipment for SLA site visits in order to provide equipment suitably prepared in line with the ‘Golden Hour’ process enabling SLA’s to be met.
- Site visit response against SLA contract levels to maintain high levels of customer confidence and satisfaction by achieving resolution within the SLA requirements.
- Lab based working with Level 3 engineers in order to deliver 1st time installations by following work method detail and H&S guidelines as provided.
- Testing and raising Manufacturer authorisation for faulty items, testing replacements upon receipt from manufacturer functionality to determine the correct operation of the equipment before parts are sent for repair or re-stocked throughout the UK.
- Maintain spares pool and customer support inventory including serial numbers, locations, and SLA data.
- Execute the control of ‘standby’ equipment in order to maintain the availability of the Lab based customer ‘standby’ equipment to facilitate the delivery of rapid response for fault investigation and restoration of support contracts.
- 80% offices based in Dublin head office, 20% field based National coverage, Generous mileage and expense allowance, Support for professional qualifications
- Graduate qualification in IT
- Field engineer or NOC experience preferred
- CCNA or equivalent
- Knowledge of IP Networking
- Communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Problem solving
- Work independently
- Car Owner