Calling all talented, creative and ambitious Systems Engineers!
I'm working with an internationally renowned Games Company based in Galway, who are looking for someone to join their growing team!
*Competitive Salary *Fantastic Benefits (from a pension, to free games!) *The chance to join a company recognised for doing what they do across the world!
* Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
* Works with developers to investigate and design future online infrastructures in support of new features and services.
* Responds to outages and alerts quickly to ensure availability of our online services.
* Works with leadership to refine processes that support a culture of quality and high availability.
* Automates processes to increase efficiencies wherever possible.
* Instrument and improve on monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
* Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
* Participates in 24x7 on-call support and maintenance activities, as required.
What you need to bring to the table:
* BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent industry experience.
* Strong technical knowledge in Linux Systems Administration.
* Experience with virtualisation and orchestration technologies (Docker, Cloud Formation, SaltStack).
* Experience with the use of Terraform, Openshift, or Kubernetes is a huge plus.
* Experience in monitoring, reporting, and alerting using industry leading tools. (Zabbix, TICK etc.). An eye for solving issues with better monitoring. Bonus points for experience in monitoring a microservices-based application in a container architecture (e.g. Docker).
* Strong infrastructure automation skills - automating tasks in Powershell, Bash, and Python primarily but other programming languages are welcome as well; the more the better.
* Previous experience maintaining always-up services and systems.
* Knowledge of Git.
* Experience with the ELK stack.
* Knowledge of operational support of data stores, such as MySQL, Redis, or others.
* Experience using AWS in the deployment and development of .NET and Java based services.
* Experience with automating server and software deployments, along with build processes, updating existing scripts, and writing new ones as necessary.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
* They operate as a DevOps team so knowledge of an OO language such as C#, Ruby, Python, Java, or Scala is a plus.
* Knowledge of deploying DotNet Core applications or services is a plus.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum is a plus.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply below or get in touch directly!
Systems Engineer, Software, Galway, galway Jobs, DevOps, Linux, AWS, Engineering Roles, Java, Linux, .NET, Gaming