This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator to be immersed into a collaborative and innovative Agile development environment where you will be the subject expert for all database related topics. The Database Administrator will be responsible for identifying troublesome queries and advise developers on the most efficient database designs across various platforms (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc).
About the role:
• Be the ‘go-to’ reference point for database and SQL topics in the engineering department
• Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
• Manage database instances through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
• Ability to analyse and solve critical issues in real time.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar position
• 3rd Level Qualification desirable
• Experience with troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Previous experience with HA (High availability) and DR (Disaster Recovery) for SQL Server.
• Experience with Operational support of multiple databases: MySQL, SQL Server.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.