The Challenge Ahead:
We are seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure, maintain and document a global online hosting infrastructure. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of the design and deployment of online server environments and will be part of a 24x7 global operations group.
The Systems Engineer is a member of the Central Development Services (CDS) team. The CDS team are on the forefront of emerging technology, creating and optimizing tools that enable our teams to code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope, striving for 'Quality by Design' wherever possible.
What a Systems Engineer does with us:
The Systems Engineer works as a member of the central quality engineering team, responsible for the continued development of our infrastructure capabilities and expand support for technology stacks used to deliver mission critical tools and services to our partner game teams. This position focuses on leveraging .NET and Windows technologies as well as Java and Linux based deployments in the support of current services.
* Supports and maintains the current online infrastructure, working with developers to deploy online game development tools and services.
* Works with developers to investigate and design future online infrastructures in support of new features and services.
* Responds to outages and alerts quickly to ensure availability of our online services.
* Works with leadership to refine processes that support a culture of quality and high availability.
* Automates processes to increase efficiencies wherever possible.
* Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
* Instrument and improve on monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
* Maintains deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Chef etc.)
* Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
* Participates in 24x7 on-call support and maintenance activities, as required.