itContracting are seeking applications for a Software Developer (C# .NET). This is permanent position with our client based in North Dublin.
The purpose of this role is to provide full software lifecycle expertise to our client's various internal teams, and will report to the Technical Lead. The Software Developer is expected to take responsibility for Software requirements capture and analysis, design, development, test, User Acceptance, installation and support for the Core components of the Company's applications. The role will also cover some support and end user training.
Our client has retail, B2B, B2C and e-commerce dimensions, and has high volume real-time trading applications and mission critical websites. The technology function and applications portfolio, supported by a wide range of skill sets, will at least double in size in the coming year.
* Development and support of Company applications using a variety of tools and frameworks.
* Provide software estimates that accurately reflect the size and resources required of requested developments.
* Implement software designs, taking into consideration Company and industry best practices.
* Provide documentation to an appropriate level for the intended audience, taking into account that the audience may vary from internal peers to senior board level colleagues.
* Assist the Technical Team in enhancing process and procedures to further process improvement in line with industry best practise.
* Act as a role model for more junior members of staff, providing technical guidance and the benefit of experience in assisting them to gain their objectives.
* Provide second and third line product support where the need dictates.
* Build relationships with all other areas of the business to assist the communication of concepts, ideas business and technical information.
* Assist the Technical Team to provide flexible solutions that balance the technical and business needs of the Company.
* Provide End User training where necessary.
* Willing to step outside role confines and help technical team / enable other development team members.
* 5+ years' experience in a .NET development environment.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
* Experience working with WCF.
* Experience working with large data driven web applications using a variety of data storage and retrieval methods including Oracle, MS SQL Server, XML, json.
* Good exposure or working experience with C++ an advantage
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Highly self-motivated with a passion for delivering high quality software.
* Experience working with external / remote teams an advantage.
* The job holder may be required to carry a company phone on a schedule rota and be available for technical escalation purposes in certain circumstances.
* Possess strong organisational skills.
* Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
* Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Michael Moylan in itContracting (on +353 1 4396866 or Michael dot Moylan at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.