Infrastructure Analyst – Contract, Shannon, Co Clare
Our client is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Analyst for an initial 6-month contract role in Shannon, Co Clare.
Infrastructure Analyst Role and Responsibilities:
As an Infrastructure Analyst, you will be responsible for designing key infrastructures integrating hardware, networks and software, requirements and design of small and medium scale innovative solutions
· Technical design, implementation, troubleshooting, documentation, support
· Cross functional design and implementation planning sessions
· Driving technical changes through the change management process
· Resolve technical problems and support technical teams
- Present solutions internally and to customers
What you need:
- 4 years IT infrastructure experience
- Demonstrated application of end-to-end strategies, standards, processes, and tools.
- Management experience
Desired Technical Skills:
· Data Storage: EMC VNX
· Operating Systems: Windows 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 7 / 10 or Solaris 10 / 11 or Red hat Linux 6 / 7
· Disk Path Management: Brocade FC zoning
· Virtualisation: VMWare ESX5.5 / 6.0 or VMWare vCenter, or VMWare SRM or Citrix XenDesktop
· Hardware: Oracle or Fujitsu or Brocade FC switches
· Applications: Active Directory or DNS or Microsoft SQL Server or WSUS or Sophos antivirus or SIEM
What’s on offer:
- Excellent Daily Rate depending on experience
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Katarzyna Kozlakowska on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.