We are looking for an Infrastructure Architect for a world leading managed service organisation based on site with a key customer in Shannon.
For the role you will identify, design and deliver strategies and solutions to our clients while controlling costs. You will demonstrate a clear understanding of the customers’ needs and commercial issues. As an Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible for designing key infrastructures integrating hardware, networks and software, requirements and design of small and medium scale innovative solutions (or parts of larger solutions). You will be a core member of the client managed service team and will provide hand on technical leadership in delivery of robust managed service.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Technical design, implementation, troubleshooting, documentation, support and performance tuning of storage infrastructure solutions
- Cross-functional design and implementation planning sessions for new solutions and technology roadmap
- Project Management of Infrastructure projects
- Own technical solutions designed and provide input to procurement and delivery of costing information
- Responsible for driving technical changes through the change management process
- Ensuring technical standards, tools or platforms are adhered to with particular focus on security
- Quality assuring team contribution to the solution and managed service
- Resolve technical problems and support technical teams
- Present solutions internally and to customers
- Demonstrate and maintain solid technical expertise and working relationships with customers
We are looking for people with the below experience,
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, information technology discipline or equivalent
- • Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the IT industry, with a solid infrastructure solution implementation / management experience.
- • Demonstrated application of end-to-end architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in solution designs
- • Good communicator with both technical and non-technical teams and Project Management experience
- • Technical Acumen: Strong domain knowledge in storage infrastructure design and development, as well as a working knowledge of current IT and systems technologies and standards. A solid understanding of solutions architecture and operations in a highly virtualised environment in converged and disparate infrastructures.
- • Business Acumen: Strong understanding of business requirements and processes as they relate to enterprise architecture. Effective communications style with the ability influence IT leaders and increase the awareness of the value of IT Service Management. This is a key role for driving change.
- • General Management/Leadership: Ability to inspire others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction in the area of infrastructure architectures. Ability to integrate technical and process challenges to arrive at business solutions to improve solution cost and quality effectiveness.
- Data Storage: EMC VNX
- Data Backup and Restore:
- Operating Systems: Windows 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 7 / 10, Solaris 10 / 11, Redhat Linux 6 / 7
- Disk Path Management: Brocade FC zoning
- Virtualisation: VMWare ESX5.5 / 6.0, VMWare vCenter, VMWare SRM, Citrix XenDesktop
- Hardware: Oracle, Fujitsu, Brocade FC switches
- Applications: Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft SQL Server, WSUS, Sophos antivirus, SIEM
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well organised and established company, you will gain unrivalled experience in a supportive environment. If you would be interested please submit your CV to the link provided or call Robert on 01-9017821.