A global insurance provider with offices based in south Dublin are seeking an Information security engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will plan, deploy & support global IT Security infrastructure projects.
As a Security Engineer you will assist the business in using a risk based approach to secure IT systems from current and emerging threats by deploying exciting new security technologies to the global IT infrastructure.
Security Engineer responsibilities:
• Support project initialisation activities including architecture, proof of concept and project charter creation.
• Plan, deploy & support large scale global IT Security infrastructure projects.
• Analyse technical solutions end to end to determine the delivery approach, estimate timelines and costs for security solutions.
• Coordinate with and assist global peers to understand and carry out project implementation.
• Serve as technical lead for technologies throughout the life of projects.
• Execute first time right product installation & configuration.
• Provide IT security technology and process guidance for the business.
• Consult with and advise local business units on issues from best security practice, technical issues with existing technologies etc.
• Provide project coordination support for enterprise tool implementations, maintain and distribute timely and accurate project updates, monitor project budget, ensure timely delivery against project timelines.
• Occasionally travel (<10%) to regional/global hubs or for vendor conferences/training.
• Continuously improve engineering processes through automation & process refinement.
Experience & Skills:
• 4+ years’ experience working in a global IT environment in a systems integration or deployment & engineering role.
• IT Security skills
• Networking skills
• Operating Systems (Win/*nix)
• Project Coordination
• Communication & presentation skills
• Planning & Organisation skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability with effective debugging of complex systems.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly with senior stakeholders
• Strong documentation and reporting skills.
• CCNA or Any of CISSP, CISA or CISM is highly desirable; other security certifications considered (CEH, OffSec, SANS etc.).
• Vendor/Platform experience preferred:
• Implementation of product installation, configuration, migration & troubleshooting of networking and security equipment (minimum 2) from:
• intrusion detection/prevention systems,
• firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto),
• network switches (Cisco ACI, Nexus)
• Symantec Endpoint Protection/AV,
• wireless networking equipment,
• log management (Splunk, RSA Security Analytics or similar),
• virtualisation (VMWare, HyTrust),
• Identity management
• data loss prevention
If you are interested in the Information security engineer role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000