Active Directory Support Engineer - Migration Utilities
Location: Cork City
Technologies: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server
Our client is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. Since 1987, they have been reducing the time and money their customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation. With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, they emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers' journey.
We are currently taking applications for an Enterprise Technical Support Senior Engineer to join our clients EMEA Platform Management Support team located in Cork, Ireland.
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
Senior Support Engineers will work as part of a Global Virtual team to provide a high standard of technical support to customers on our Platform Management suite of products specialising in the migration space, in particular Active Directory migration. Stellar customer service and handling skills and the ability to interface, collaborate and prioritise customer issues with development and effectively communicate solutions to customers is crucial to the role.
As a Platform Management Senior Support Engineer, you will gain exposure to some or all of the following technologies:
* Directory Services: Active Directory
* Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
* Networking: DNS, TCP/IP
Day to Day Duties
* Maintain a personal queue of ongoing customer issues until resolution and customer interface with R&D and other resources to bring escalated issues to resolution.
* Document all customer case details on our support portal (case tracking system).
* Be pro-active in creating & publishing documentation in a customer focussed Knowledge Centred Support (KCS) environment.
* Developing and attending training for self-improvement to assist and share knowledge with other engineers.
* Troubleshoot customers' issues by being able to recreate in support lab environments and by diagnosing potentially complex issues, effectively communicate solutions to customers.
* Initiate, participate or lead, local and global projects.
* After 6 months, have the capability of providing after-hours support and weekend support, if required.
Essential Technical Skills
* An in-depth understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Active Directory Management and Migration
* Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems
* Networking (TCPIP, DNS, LDAP, WMI, ASP, DCOM) preferably from a system administration background
* Additional EU language skills such as French, German, Italian, Spanish etc.
* Prior Technical Support experience or proven track record in system administration.
* Knowledge of Internet Information Server (IIS)
* Experience with SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
* VMWare / Virtual Server technology experience.
* Technical writing skills.
* Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques (eg. WebEx).
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne in itContracting (on 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.