Our client are a leading financial services organisation based in Dublin 2. They have an immediate requirement to grow their development team and are seeking a Quantitative Software Developer for an initial 12 month daily rate contract but which could extend. A permanent role is available if that is preferred.
This will be a challenging position working closely with their underwriting and risk analysis teams in Dublin, London and Bermuda, to enhance high-performance internal dynamic financial analysis and risk modelling systems. You will be required to acquire an understanding of the risk management domain, collaborate with the business users to develop and refine the requirements for new features, and create software that implements these features. This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach who wishes to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
• Developing software, tests, documentation and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders in the risk modelling group.
• Working with stakeholders in the risk group to establish, refine, and document application functional/non-functional requirements for new and existing applications.
• Supporting the applications & tools through their lifecycle of testing, deployment, operation, user training, maintenance, and enhancement.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A high level of proficiency in Python or C++ programming is desirable, although strong relevant experience in other languages would be considered. Experience of working on Linux/Unix platforms, and with relational and non-relational databases.
• Enterprise development experience on systems including integrated cross-platform systems, micro-service based architecture, and continuous delivery approaches.
• A strong maths background (a degree in a mathematical discipline, or previous experience in a quantitative development role would be advantageous).
• Experience with high performance computing and large datasets, using big data and distributed processing approaches and scientific programming frameworks
• General problem solving mentality, with the ability to pick up new technologies and approaches to modelling.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with different teams on solutions for a variety of different business, code & data related problems.
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to be productive under pressure. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation.
For further information, please contact Derek Smyth on 01 6621000, or simply submit your CV through the link.