Our client, an exciting expanding company in Sligo requires a talented and highly motivated ETL Developer responsible for the design, development, and testing of operating systems-level software, including building and maintaining ETL (Extract - Transform - Load) processes to populate the enterprise data warehouse and structures optimized for reporting, to support a top ranking eCommerce web site.
• Review and document existing application code
• Provide maintenance support to existing application code
• Develop and test new ETL processes
• Define functional design for requirements implementation
• Develop sql scripts using Teradata utilities (BTEQ, Fastload, Mload & Fastexport) to transform and load data from various sources
• Design and build data structures and processes to populate data warehouse tables using knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques
• Integration with legacy data and applications
• Work closely with the business, reporting team, business analyst and end users in end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions
• Maintain a working knowledge of the in-use data structures and monitor performance providing system level changes to facilitate growth and efficiency.
• Maintain ETL/ELT operation in support of data warehousing
• Provide for reporting operations including visual data representations
• System administration for cloud based BI
• Minimum of 3-5 years recent Software Development experience
• Proficiency in using Teradata; Business Intelligence; end-user reporting tools; ETL; Perl; Linux/UNIX; Oracle GoldenGate; Oracle Data Integrator; BMC Control-M; MicroStrategy; Big Data Tools; DMExpress; Shell Script;
• Strong SQL skills
• Write, test and implement Teradata Fastload, Multiload and Bteq scripts, DML and DDL
• Create and execute detailed test plans
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve production related issues
• Strong communication skills and the ability to perform customer facing duties
• ETL Tools:
Experience pulling data from a variety of data source types.
Experience in Perl/Shell Scripting.
Experience with job scheduling systems
Source code management/version control systems
Ability to document complex systems
• Database Knowledge:
Understanding of RDBMS concepts.
Understanding of Entity Relationship Diagrams.
Understanding of data modeling, database design, and data warehousing.
• Teradata Competency:
Experience with SQL involving complex queries
Ability to write and tune efficient SQL code.
Understanding of joins and indexes.
Experience writing BTEQ scripts.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!