Java Application Developer
My client is a rapidly expanding business with significant growth. Based in Dublin 18, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Java based business applications. The successful applicant will have significant experience of the full software development lifecycle from specification to delivery and is now ready for an expanded senior role. You will be joining an experienced, dedicated, and highly successful team building front and back end systems for one of Ireland’s leading online companies.
• Develop high quality software that is fit for purpose and conforms to coding standards for performance and security.
• Create technical specifications and development timelines/estimates as part of an iterative development cycle using the best practices from SCRUM
• Delivers all development iterations on time and to high quality standards
• Provide production support on an as needed basis on request of the Operations manager
• A degree in computer science from a recognised University or Technical College
• You will have a minimum of 3 years professional experience with at least the last 2 years in a lead role of consequence.
• Strong functional and technical analysis skills with proven problem solving abilities
• Skilled in in delivery of solutions utilising J2EE, Hibernate, RESTEasy (JAX-RS), Web Services using service frameworks such as Apache CXF/Axis 2 (JAX-WS).
• Strong database development skills and experienced in logical design and SQL programming
• Experience in good practices for unit test and integration test development, using frameworks such as JUnit/TestNG and CI tools such as Jenkins/Sonar.
• Knowledge of Software Design Patterns and techniques for writing structured, maintainable code
• Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines
• An enthusiasm for software development and emerging technologies
Personal Skills Requirements
• Drive for results. Takes ownership for tasks and overcomes obstacles
• Strong communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to set priorities and work to tight deadlines
• Proven people management skills which you are ready to take to the next level
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.