Our client who are a global technology firm with a significant technology function in Dublin have an excellent opportunity for a Maths focused Python developer. They are looking to recruit a self-motivated and creative Quantitative Software Developer. Based in their Dublin office, this position is a challenging one. The successful candidate will be working closely with their underwriting and risk analysis teams globally, to enhance their high-performance internal dynamic financial analysis and risk modeling systems. He or she will be required to acquire an understanding of the risk management domain, collaborate with the business users to develop and refine the requirements for new features, and create software that implements these features. This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach who wishes to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
Including but not limited to:
• Developing software, tests, documentation and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders in the risk modelling group.
• Working with stakeholders in the risk group to establish, refine, and document application functional/non-functional requirements for new and existing applications.
• Supporting the applications & tools through their lifecycle of testing, deployment, operation, user training, maintenance, and enhancement.
The successful candidate will have:
• A high level of proficiency in Python or C++ programming is desirable, although strong relevant experience in other languages would be considered. Experience of working on Linux/Unix platforms, and with relational and non-relational databases.
• Enterprise development experience on systems including integrated cross-platform systems, micro-service based architecture, and continuous delivery approaches.
• A strong maths background (a degree in a mathematical discipline, or previous experience in a quantitative development role would be advantageous).
• Experience with high performance computing and large datasets, using big data and distributed processing approaches and scientific programming frameworks
• General problem-solving mentality, with the ability to pick up new technologies and approaches to modelling.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with different teams on solutions for a variety of different business, code & data related problems.
To apply for the Senior Python or C++ Developer- Risk Modelling role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000 or click on apply now.