Our client is a global financial services firm who set up a global technology innovation lab in Dublin a few years ago. They also have a global Data Lab on site with a large Hadoop ecosystem and extensively use predictive analytics and machine learning.
Our client’s technology teams are responsible for company’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to enhance the company’s IT systems, reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
The software engineering team is responsible for leading-edge technology solutions that power the future of our Foreign Exchange for Cash platform. You will help to promote innovation in the development of software applications and IT solutions. You will be a pro-active, results-oriented software development engineer with proven track record of successful delivery, to join our FX development team. You will interact with various teams in multiple locations in order to deliver tightly integrated global solutions. You will be supporting the full life-cycle of Agile development tasks, working in close collaboration with Technical Architects, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, Product and Project managers as well as other development teams. You will participate in design, analysis, development, and implementation and production support of the FX platforms.
• Participate in the software development lifecycle, for targeted Software Components of FX4Cash in accordance with the functional / technical solution design, data mapping as well as product backlog. Ensure that all code changes are implemented, tracked and recorded and software components are integrated following the group’s integration strategy.
• Follow Agile (Scrum) development practices and help to maintain code quality, organization, and test coverage.
• Participate in design and code reviews as well as Integration testing. Contribute to the measurement and analyses of the code, for optimum quality and performance.
• Perform technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes.
• Engage and communicate with technical architects, business analysts, senior developers, QA and product team to develop system enhancements needed to advance the relevant programs of work.
• Track and report progress to Project Managers, Scrum master as well as Senior developers
• Continually help to improve the performance of the team in regards to Agile development and deployment practices
• Capture Build and Deployment notes; develop and maintain Software Product Deployment and Operating Instructions. Apply most efficient way at all time to produce the new software products. Translate user requirements into high-quality software
• Assess and identify mitigation for risks, including those related to high level design, integration, and data quality
• Provide support for technical infrastructure components and contribute to root cause /problem analysis. Actively participate in issue resolutions by developing software fixes targeting defects/bugs.
Skills and Qualifications
• Extensive software engineering experience including technical design, development, unit testing frameworks, code reviews, Continuous Integrated Testing (CIT) testing, bug fixes and QA/ User Acceptance Testing (UAT) skillset
• Minimum of a BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant disciplines from an accredited institution
• Excellent hands on development experience in Java, Spring, Oracle (PL/SQL) and Web Development (HTML, Java Script) is must
• In depth knowledge and hands on experience with Spring Multi-View Controller (MVC), Web Services / REST and Unix scripting
• Previous relevant experience of Agile System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)with associated tools (Jira, Jama, Rally, Confluence)
• Experience in Report / data gathering from prod/UAT platforms
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with design and architectural patterns
• Motivated self-starter with problem solving ability by taking ownership of a task until completion, rather than coding only
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with project managers, senior team leads, architects and Business analysts
• Excellent team worker with very strong work ethic with ability to work in fast paced, highly-interactive environment
If you are interested in Associate Java Developer Role please contact Gabi Gogol on 016621000, or click on apply now.