Our client is seeking applications for the position of Network Security Technical Support Engineer fluent in Italian and English to work in their Cork, Ireland office.
You must be capable of delivering technical support, in Italian and English (written and spoken), to our client's global customer base.
* Assist the customers working with a variety of network technologies;
* Working closely with other team members and senior support engineers;
* Take ownership of technically complex customer's reported issues from web, phone, chat and email sources and work closely with the customer until it is completely resolved;
* Document relevant information and ensure that the customer is communicated in a timely manner regarding the overall progress of their issue;
* Resolve customer reported issues while working closely with the Engineering, SE and other cross functional teams and provide feedback to Engineering for improving the product quality and reliability;
* Ensure that the work performed meets the quality standards within acceptable time schedules and customer commitments while working with the Technical Support members, Management, Engineering and other cross functional teams;
* Ensure that customers are treated with highest degree of respect and drive operational excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues;
* Identifying opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service satisfaction levels;
* Work closely with the Engineering and Product Marketing teams on new technology introductions and remain technically competent with all products;
* Work closely with Engineering to resolve escalated Software and Hardware issues to ensure quality products for our customers.
* Relevant experience or equivalent education with a demonstrated knowledge of fundamental networking principles including OSI model, TCP/IP and protocols, network traffic analysis and related networking technology;
* Understanding of LAN & WAN Network topologies, in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP Protocol Suite, LAN/WAN/VPN access technologies, Internet Security Architectures and Routing Protocols;
* Candidate must have a strong customer orientation, excellent phone etiquette and an excellent work ethic to meet staffing attendance requirements;
* Candidate should also possess excellent communications skills and be in a position to work under pressure with calmness and composure.
* Knowledge of Network Security Principles including Firewalls, Switches, Logging systems
* Experience with installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of network security products (Firewalls, IPS, VPNs) and also Internet devices like Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Application Proxies, …etc
* Equivalent combination of education and work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of fundamentals networking and systems principles including DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Subnetting, Routing Protocols, Email, SSO, Client Security and Antivirus
* Work experience with Network Utilities (packet capture analysis, packet filtering, monitoring, testing, etc.)
* Work experience related to Wireless/WiFi products 802.11 a/b/g/n
* IT Professional certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, SonicWALL, ICS2, GIAC, Network+, etc is not essential but is preferred
* Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux and Windows systems is not required but could be an advantage
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne in itContracting (on 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.