Aspira are currently seeking an experienced Automation Engineer for a contract role based in Cork.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in test automation and will be working for one of our clients based in Cork.
· Manage testing on projects with minimal assistance
· Requirements analysis and providing feedback on design and implementation
· Test plan creation
· Preparation and execution of relevant test scripts for specific functions e.g. UAT
· Ability to discuss requirements with business users and technical issues with developers
· Front end testing
· Backend testing knowledge in SQL and Oracle
· Prioritise test cases and run dependant on risk
· Cross function covering full life cycle including; Integration, System, Regression and UAT
· Reporting defects in a timely manner and assuring completion of these
· Reporting to management of test progression
· Coordinating and managing UAT, integration and End to End testing
· Minimum of 5 years + experience with both functional and non-functional test experience
· A formal qualification in an IT discipline or a third level qualification in a discipline with a high IT emphasis
· An understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle
· Good experience and knowledge of Selenium
· Experience of working with complex systems comprising of multiple data sources and applications within an Microsoft/SQL Server/Oracle environment
· Experience of discussing requirements with business users
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Proven ability to take direction and meet deadlines
· Have demonstrated flexibility and motivational skills
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Demonstration of successful troubleshooting, problem solving and work planning for projects and programmes of work
· Comfortable taking the initiative and working within a team to plan, execute and solve problems.
· Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies in a dynamic environment.
Education and Qualifications
• Test Certifications (ISTQB or equivalent)
• 3 years’ experience in automation development is desirable.
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education.