This is a Permanent position based with our client in Dublin City - South Dublin
* Oversee the management of technology-related assets and contractual agreements, developing practices and processes, to continuously improve asset management and to ensure compliance with budget and contractual requirements with a focus on SAP software portfolio.
* Provide consulting advice and recommendations as Asset Management subject matter expert, in order to support the resolution of the most complex IT cases and develop precedents to optimize software and hardware solutions.
* Prepare reports and perform analysis for research to proactively identify savings and improvements in software area.
* Identify necessary changes in the complex software contracts, manage demand and contract updates, liaise with external vendors, legal, contract and sourcing teams.
* Play a key role in complex, high-impact or volatile software contract negotiations involving high business risks.
* Responsible for project planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and reporting of Global/cross Segment or Function IT asset projects.
* Has vast knowledge of IT hardware and software concepts, tools, techniques and specific applications
* Understands SAP licensing concepts, indirect usage rules and product use rights.
* Delivery of license measurement assessment and deployment engagements for SAP software portfolio.
* Experience with the SAP System Measurement Tools LAW 2.0, LMBI, self-declaration metrics and SAP system survey in the S/4HANA environment.
* Understands and can apply complex software licensing concepts to ensure license compliance for all IT platforms.
* Is able to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors in a constructive and collaborative manner.
* Identifies approved software vendors and products within the organization or department.
* Actively assists IT groups in optimizing software requirements and spend for new projects.
* Maintains stakeholder community and enables information sharing environment.
* Uses the proper processes and practices for managing and administering a variety of contractual agreements, such as contract maintenance and support renewals.
* Documents licensing and T&C requirements in preparation for contract negotiation.
* Supports sourcing and procurement team during software contract negotiation stage.
* Able to develop best in class processes and procedures for asset management practices.
* Coaches and provides advice and counsel on managing inventories while keeping plans and budgets in mind within and outside operating unit.
* Supports budget forecasting, financial risk management and cost allocation of SW spend.
* Represents and coordinates audits with an aim to mitigate associated risks, costs and legal exposure.
* Governs and reports supplier obligation fulfilment.
* Measures and reports ITAM scorecard KPIs.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Procurement and Sourcing or a related field, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
* SAM and/or SAP certification would be an advantage.
* 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing asset management tools, frameworks and governance.
* 7+ year of experience with establishment and management of software assets for all IT platforms.
* Fluent spoken and written English: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
* Knowledge of German/Spanish/Portuguese is an advantage.
* Ability to adapt and work in a complex global organisational environment and develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources.
* Knowledge and understanding of current IT asset management techniques and technologies.
* Possess financial and commercial acumen.
* Good project management skills.
* Extremely strong organization and productivity skills to orchestrate the resolution of high-impact and cross-functional Programme related problems.
* Strong human relations skills to interface with managers and staff within the organization.
* Good oral communication and written communication skills.
* Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
* Adheres to our clients Basics (integrity, customer centricity, sustainable value creation, teamwork, excellence) and Leadership Model (lead self, build the next generation of talent, shape an innovated future, inspire others to excellence, drive high-performance culture).
* Advanced MS Excel skills.
If you would like to apply for this role please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne at itContracting (on 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.