Our client is a significant global financial services firm with a long standing presence in Ireland. A significant part of their global technology team resides here in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with solid OBIEE experience to join an excellent Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team.
The role will be responsible for the enhancement, maintenance and support of their Banking and Client Servicing BI solutions. This position will take a lead role in the enhancement of existing reports to support a new banking platform and support the upgrade of their OBIEE platform.
The BI Developer will work closely with BI Business Analysts and End Users to design and deploy Financial Management, Regulatory Reporting and Reconciliation reports using Oracle OBIEE. Participate in Data extract, transform and load (ETL) design and coding using replication (GoldenGate), ODI and other technologies as appropriate. Responsible for unit testing data loads, writing scripts for data validation and optimizing the performance of existing and new ETL processes.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence; including data modelling techniques, both dimensional and relational, metadata practices and techniques, and experience working with BI Reporting tools including OBIEE and BIP. They must be detail oriented, self-managing and have strong data analysis skills. Experience in the Banking and Finance sectors is an advantage.
• Oracle BIEE and Analytics Development
• Assist with enhancement of reports to support a new Banking platform
• Upgrade of existing OBIEE environment to 12c
• Design and deploy changes to the BI Server metadata and repository (Physical Layer, Logical layer, Presentation Layer, Subject Areas, configuration variables, etc.)
• Work with business analysts and end users to design and build OBIEE user interface objects
• Provide 3rd-level user support of Oracle BIEE and Analytics Data Warehouse
• Independently troubleshoot and tune BI performance
• Develop custom ETL code using ODI as required
• Analyse DW performance
• Creating user documentation
• Assist support teams troubleshooting access, data, reporting and system issues
• Assist with QA, UAT, and Stress Testing in coordination with the central QA team
• Work closely with Project Managers to ensure on-time on-budget delivery.
• Organize, schedule, and manage small and medium projects.
• 5+ year’s BI development using Oracle technologies in a high performance Finance environment.
• Hands-on experience building Oracle Business Intelligence reports/dashboards and agents in an integrated 11g or 12c environment.
• Current experience of OBIEE, ODI development and Oracle BI Financials Applications
• Demonstrate success in data warehouse implementation including but not limited to; data modelling, data transformations, data management and data analytics
• Familiar with the implementation of reports, cubes, and dashboards as well as the ability to write advanced SQL and use Oracles SQL aggregate and analytic functions.
Must have excellent communication skills and be able present diagnostic, troubleshooting steps and conclusions to a varied audience including both business and technical stakeholders
• excellent listening and analytic skills
• excellent oral/written communication skills
• Ability to analyse data and absorb business domain knowledge
• Ability to self-manage, problem solve and pro-actively seek help when required.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, complex IT environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline/equivalent experience
Additional Beneficial Attributes/Skills
• Experience of Data Visualization tools such as QlikSense, Tableau or PowerBI
• Experience with MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
• Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN methodologies
• Banking, Hedge Funds or Financial systems industry domain experience
If you are interested in the Oracle BI Developer role, please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000, or click on apply now.