A global insurance provider with offices based in the city centre are seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst to join their team.
The role will involve supporting Cyber Department's mission to protect sensitive data and critical information systems by developing solutions to detecting malicious activity across a global environment.
This will include developing Correlation Searches to detect suspicious activity using Splunk Enterprise Security, developing network based signatures (i.e. Snort signatures) for detecting suspicious traffic on the network and creating scripts to be used with endpoint agent Tanium to detect and remediate suspicious behaviour on workstations and servers etc.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of professional experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 4 or more years of professional experience
• Technical Skills
• Shell scripting or automation of tasks using Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, bash, etc.
• Experience in web application development
• Experience as a Windows Server Administrator or Linux/Unix system administrator
• Understanding of networking basics (TCP/IP, OSI, HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
• Strong analytic skills
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Ability to view problems from many perspectives and find creative solutions
• Passion for learning and figuring out how things work
• Strong written & verbal communications skills (English)
If you are interested in the cyber threat analyst role, please call Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000 or click on apply now.