Software Engineer ( Middleware )
Our Client is one of the world’s leading providers in their industry. Our client is responsible for providing software development for many different large scale business applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Software engineer ( Middleware ) to come aboard.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
• Development of middleware applications using the IBM Integration Bus [IIB] product.
• Application development as part of an Agile team using Kanban or Scrum.
• Design, codes, unit tests, maintains and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools
• Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
• Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques, where practical
• Demonstrates an interest in software architectures and seeks to design solutions in alignment with Company stated architecture and standards
• Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
• Collaborates with the agile team to establish the definition of done for each of the stages of production within the team
• Automates testing of software to industry standards of software automation ensuring very high quality application/solution delivery and efficient regression of existing features
• Bachelors preferred or equivalent relevant business experience
• Experience with IIB, MQ, Java or other distributed development languages/environments.
• Experience participating on Agile Scrum teams.
• Shows evidence of analytical ability
• Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
• Self motivated and results oriented
• Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.