Senior Java Developer - Galway
My client is building a greenfield, cloud based B2C platform using modern technologies and practices. We're now looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team in Galway. You'll be working closely with the Development manager and fellow developers, and will be in a position to influence the current projects.
You'll be responsible for:
- Development of business critical services using modern tools and technologies (Java 8, Docker, cloud deployed microservices)
- Ensuring the reliability of the platform using automated testing and static code analysis
- Working closely with front end developers and the wider team to build a solid platform meeting the business needs and UX requirements
- Being an active member of the technical team, always on the lookout for ways to improve the use of technology as well as development processes and practices
- 5 + years of software development experience, to a large extent using Java.
- Experience building web service oriented architecture platforms, likely using microservices / REST.
- Experience of Spring,Hibernate.
- Experience using Git and collaborative workflows including code reviews.
- Android development experience would be beneficial.
- Experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with database optimization
- Good knowledge of design patterns, TDD.
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Educational assistance
- Central Galway office.
- Flexible hours.
- Early friday finish.
- Monthly social clubs.
- Discounted Gym memberships.
If this position sounds like you please forward your CV to David@nextsteprecruitment.info