Technical Writer / Publisher
Under minimal supervision, the candidate is required to:
• Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
• Create standard documentation templates based on existing standards
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
• Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
• Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies.
• Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
• Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
• Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner.
• Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system:
• Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
• Defines guidelines for organizing and labelling topics, defines the appropriate level of content chunking, and oversees content contributions to ensure consistent structure.
• Defines and administers a clear submission process to encourage writers to improve the CPI.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
• Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation.
• Experience in a continuous deployment and Agile environment.
• Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML.
• Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter.
• Experience in agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus.
To apply, please follow the link below or contact John on 01 244 9516.