1. Deliver of Data Strategy - Support the Head of Data Delivery in the establishment of a single, consistent, accurate reconciled source of data for MI, Analytics and Reporting; being recognised for excellence as a ScrumMaster.
2. Delight Sponsors - Doing everything possible to ensure that AIB‟s programme sponsors are delighted
3. Guide Agile Practice - Guiding the team on how to interpret and apply Agile/Scrum practices and values
4. Guide Self Organisation - Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation
5. Coach Scrum Team - Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and appropriate for that team
6. Remove Impediments - Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
7. Build Trusting Environment - Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on problem solving and resolution.
8. Facilitate - Facilitating getting the work done
9. Cultivate Debate and Resolution - Cultivating discussion, appropriate decision-making, and amicable conflict resolution
10. Improve Communication - Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
11. Educate Product Owner - Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
12. Servant Leadership Type Support - Support Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Key Competencies This role requires an experienced SCRUM-literate ScrumMaster candidate with retail banking industry experience. In addition the candidate must be able to demonstrate;
Leadership – Must be able to lead effectively and earn the respect from his/her team
Strong Communication and Social Skills – Must be able to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
Facilitation – Must be able to lead, demonstrate value-add principles and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
Expertise – Must have credible and evident experience and skills pertaining to this requirement
Assertiveness – Must be able to ensure AIB‟s Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and be able to make the tough calls, if needed Observation – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and escalate them to management
Continuous improvement – Must continually be growing their „craft‟ learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
Assertiveness – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
Empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
Honesty and Transparency – Must be transparent in all matters to the business and IT leadership
Interpersonal Skills – Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Presentation Skills – Must have excellent presentation skills
Knowledge Software Engineering - A deep appreciation of software engineering concepts and objectives.
Estimation and Planning - Strong knowledge of task / sprint / iteration estimation and planning Iterative
Development - Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative development Processes and
Methodologies - Understand other processes and methodologies and be able to leverage techniques from these sources to provide value to the programme
Software Development Fundamentals - Understand the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
Incremental Delivery - Understand incremental delivery
Metrics – Understand the value of metrics in incremental delivery.
Agile Progress Tracking - Understand backlog tracking, Burndown metrics, velocity Agile Scoping – Understand how to set succinct, quantified task definitions
Agile Practices - Familiarity with core agile practices, test-driven development and other related development practices (User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games).
Industry - Industry sector experience of (at least one of); Retail Banking o Credit and Mortgages
IT Systems - Practical experience of general IT development programmes within an Agile IT team including ideally knowledge of; o Technology modernisation projects o Java-centric development environments o Data-centric systems and domains
Any familiarity with the following is a big bonus; Kanban - Knowledge of Kanban. Credit - Familiarity of credit systems and processes. Experience The candidate must be able to evidence;
Data Change Delivery - Experience in data warehouse change delivery.
ScrumMaster - Experience of running Agile Projects and Programmes in the capacity of a ScrumMaster
End to End Projects - Experience of working on end-to-end projects
Planning - Experience of effective Concept planning and Backlog management
Creative Resolution - Experience of providing creative resolution of client needs Policy and Standards
Adherence - Experience of ensuring adherence to Architectural Policies and Standards (Compliance).
Qualifications ScrumMaster Certified - Second level ScrumMaster certification (CSM, PSM II)