Our client is a successful and growing Irish-owned software company that develops web-based software for world-leading companies in their field. Due to recent investment and growing sales they are now expanding their test team and seeking a Software Test Automation Engineer. This is a great opportunity for an automated test experience with strong development experience to work with friendly, motivated and ambitious peers in a growing company.
In this role you will work on a cross-functional Agile team that includes both developers and testers. You will be contributing to the creation and maintenance of an automation test framework for web applications, creating test cases from functional specifications, producing test specifications, working to improve the continuous integration across the teams and recording and tracking defects.
Candidates who wish to apply for this role should have:
- A degree in computing (or similar relevant technical discipline)
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in an automated test role on enterprise-scale web applications
- Experience with test tools, such as Selenium or QTP
- Proficient in an OO programming language (e.g. Java or C#), with a strong understanding of OO principles
- A strong understanding and knowledge of all phases of testing, testing techniques and using test automation frameworks
- Strong trouble-shooting and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Experience with CI tools
- The ability to work on your own initiative and to work to continually reefing the test and CI process
- A proven ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- ISTQB certification would be an advantage to have