Our client, one of Ireland’s leading telecoms companies, is seeking to hire a Solutions Engineer with WAN, VOIP, managed security and VPN experience to provide existing and new companies with business-driven technical solutions.
The company offers engineers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced working environment with technically skilled peers. They provide opportunities for continuous learning and development and an attractive benefits package that includes pension scheme, health insurance, bonus, life insurance and paid overtime.
In this role you will meet with potential clients, collating technical information prior to the production of solutions. You will act as the lead in large bids, creating the solutions and documenting them, ensuring customer requirements are understood and that they are happy with the solution. You will work with the service delivery team post sales and ensure successful delivery of the solution, as well as deliver training and providing product support to partners and internal stakeholders.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A third level qualification (ideally a degree) in telecoms, networks, electronics or similar relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience working in a technical Presales/Solutions Engineer role in a network/telecoms company
- A thorough understanding of VPN technologies, including IPSEC and MPLS VPNs
- Good understanding of WAN and CPE Quality of Service technologies, including traffic prioritization
- A strong understanding of security issues and technologies, especially in terms of MPLS WANs
- An understanding of Internet connectivity, including xDSL and Ethernet services, using both copper and fibre
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial business sense combined with technical knowledge
- A proven ability to develop effective working relationships internally and externally at all levels, in both commercial and technology environments
- Proven ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Experience in the following is also desired but is not essential:
- CCNP level (or higher) certification
- Fortinet firewalls
- IDS and IPS services
- Cirpack and Genband voice switches